Learn more about the new HP Multi Jet Fusion™ Technology for 3D printing here: http://budurl.com/HPMultiJetFusion3D
Peter Weijmarshausen, CEO and Co-founder of Shapeways, describes how his company enables you to turn 3D digital designs into physical products. But 3D printing has challenges: it is still too slow and expensive. His most asked question from users is, “How can we get our stuff faster?”
HP Multi Jet Fusion™ Technology is a disruptive 3D printing technology for a new era of manufacturing, delivering higher productivity and quality at a lower cost:
• 10 times faster(1) speeds—HP’s proprietary synchronous architecture can image an entire area versus one point at a time for breakthrough build speeds.
• Breakthrough economics(2) —Area-wide imaging and fewer steps drive improved performance for best-in-class total cost of ownership, and helping reduce energy and waste.(3)
With a unique combination of quality that combines strength, accuracy, resiliency and finish for an overall product that is not currently possible at the speed and price HP is planning to deliver to market, HP Multi Jet Fusion™ Technology resolves the fundamental limitations of current 3D printing systems. And with new levels of part quality, full-color 3D print solutions, an open platform for materials innovation, complete end-to-end solutions and the reliability born of decades of HP product development expertise and printing leadership, HP Multi Jet Fusion™ Technology is designed to advance and disrupt the 3D printing market.
(1) Based on internal HP testing of part build time, for a set of representative parts in batch process comparing HP Thermal Inkjet based HP Multi Jet Fusion™ technology to the leading 3D printing technologies in the U.S.—selective laser sintering (SLS) and fused deposition modeling—as of October 2014.
(2) HP Multi Jet Fusion™ technology leverages proprietary HP Thermal Inkjet technology, enabling lower cost systems that output similar quality to more expensive devices—such as selective laser sintering (SLS)—and speed.
(3) Compared to selective laser sintering (SLS) and fused deposition modeling technologies, HP Multi Jet Fusion™ technology can reduce the overall energy requirements needed to attain full fusing and reduce the system requirements for large, vacuum-sealed ovens. In addition, HP Multi Jet Fusion™ technology uses less heating power than SLS systems for better material properties and material reuse rates, minimizing waste. Finally, the combination of breakthrough economics and speed amplifies the total cost of ownership advantage of HP Multi Jet Fusion™ technology.